I haven't achieved my 2014 goals yet.
Wait a minute.
I'm not ready for 2015.
Oh, no - here we go again!
I hate goals.
I always fail at goals.
Why set them when I never reach them?
I am doomed.
|Stop setting goals until you know why|
you are failing at goal setting.
I am not trying to be a negative ninny. I'm just trying to help you see why you may have failed at reaching your goals in 2014, so that you can succeed in 2015.
Do you want to increase your business in 2015 with more referrals? You can! Pay attention to what it takes.
Here are 6 Reasons Why You Didn't Reach Your Goals in 2014.
Goals fail because you may be...
1. Creating Non-specific Goals: A non-specific goal would be something like: I want to make more sales in 2015 or I want to lose weight.
A specific goal would be measurable, reachable and specific. It would look like this. I want to weigh 130 lbs by June 30th or I want to increase my closed sales by $12,000 by July 15, 2015.
2. Blaming Others: Life gets in the way. We all know that, but has your life become an excuse for not reaching your goals?
Own up to the responsibility of your goals. Fight for your goals! You, and only you, have control over whether you will reach your goals. When you realize that, you can figure out creative ways to success, even when life sends you a few detours.
3. Procrastinating: Okay, we know that tomorrow is another day and we can do it later. However, later never comes and tomorrow is an illusion. All you have is today.
"Right now" is better than later. Let that be your mantra in 2015. Right now is better than later. Do a little bit or do a lot, but DO SOMETHING today toward reaching your goals.
4. Spreading Yourself Too Thin: Are you involved in too many things? Too many projects? Newsletters? Blogs? Social Media? Volunteering?
Understanding that you have a limited amount of time in a day, will empower you to stay focused on what is most important. You may have to back off from starting another project in order to reach your goals. Your goals should be worth being a priority for today. Your goals are worth it!
5. Surrounding Yourself With Negative Influences: A negative influence could be a person or a habit or a thing. Look around. What's pulling you down?
Become aware of what people and which habits are an energy drain and avoid them as much as possible. This includes watching too much TV. Spend more time with positive uplifting actions and friends.
6. Not Fighting For Success: At some point, you have to ask yourself, "How bad do I want it?" Personally, I believe that if a goal is worth setting, it's worth fighting for.When you set terrific, measurable, reachable and specific goals they are worth protecting, they are worth sacrificing for and they are worth fighting for. Don't let other people, excuses, procrastination and lack of focus steal your dreams.
Happy New Year and may God knock your socks off with blessing in 2015.
It's time to succeed!