Here are some quick networking NO NO'S to avoid when attending a business or chamber event.
- Interrupting conversations in order to introduce yourself.
- Meeting people just to get their business card so you can spam them later.
- Talking fast and listening last.
- Name dropping to impress.
- Looking over someone's shoulder while they're speaking in order to target your next victim.
- Trying to sell your product or service on the spot.
- Bad-mouthing your competition.
- Giving unasked for business advice.
- Going after the food like you haven't eaten in days.
- Being fake, obnoxious or annoying.
Networking is a skill that any business person can learn. If done right, it can be fun and very profitable. If done wrong, it can be a miserable experience for everyone.
If you want to learn more about business networking, you can subscribe to this blog.