Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Over-Booked By Referrals

It's about 3:30 in the afternoon. I was just visiting with my husband Todd, the National Director of Gold Star Referral Clubs. I kicked back in the over-stuffed chair across from his desk and said,

"Honey... How's your day going?"

Naturally, the conversation gravitated toward the three different networking meetings that we went to today.

Todd commented that Jerry, with Banker Heating and Air, just got $7000 in referred business last week and about another $6000 this week.

"Didn't we refer him to someone this morning with two houses that needed heat and air service?"  I asked.

Todd replied, "He's getting over-booked with referrals."

"WOW! That is so cool - I've got to blog about that!"  So, here I am sharing this with you. Can you believe that some people actually get over-booked by referrals?

Yesterday, I spoke at a networking event in front of about a hundred people. I told a story about a Realtor that receives at least 90% of his business from referrals. When I finished with the story, a Gold Star member, who owns a company that does background checks, raised his hand and said, "Me too!"

I said all that to say this...

It's not just pie-in-the-sky or big talk. You can develop a referral system where people will gladly and continually refer business to you. It's not some far-fetched unattainable business ideal.

Does it take some work and strategy? Yes, it does. However, with a little guidance and some determination you can build your business on referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment